Sunday, June 20, 2010

Stop By, Say Hello

The one thing I like to tell folks about the Wednesday Night Group (WNG) is that we want them to stop by and visit. I don't care if it's once a week, once a month, or once a year, stop by and say hello!

The WNG is not a club, membership is NOT required. I want people who used to come regularly to feel like they are welcome anytime. Some folks can't make a weekly commitment. THAT'S OKAY! The important thing is to show up, be encouraged, encourage others, hear God's Word, receive prayer cover, or just plain unwind among friends.

I once heard a wonderful sermon that our homes should be an oasis from the outside world. That's how I want everyone to feel about the WNG. I want our gatherings to be an oasis, a place of refreshing.

Paul closes 2 Corinthians like this, "Finally brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you. Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the saints greet you.
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."

Be refreshed, be encouraged.

No comments: